A Project Coordinator position is now available at Burger Consulting Group.
This is a keen opportunity to be part of a high-profile, boutique IT consulting firm in a stand-out position, acting as the main support to the Project Managers and Consultants within the company. The right candidate must be able to handle multiple, client related projects and multi-task with efficiency. If you possess solid problem-solving skills, are well-spoken and have a strong drive towards optimal results this role could be for you.
- Develop or update project plans including project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing.
- Maintain project information in project management software by updating document center, client database and project tracking tools.
- Monitor and update project milestones and deliverables.
- Support staff with documentation assistance such as project deliverables, marketing materials, and meeting minutes.
- Develop and proofread sizable project deliverables, ensuring quality and timely deliverance.
- Communicate with project stakeholders to identify and resolve problems.
- Coordinate and plan for client meetings, conference calls, onsite visits and provide project support.
- Record and distribution of meeting minutes.
- Manage various internal projects and support company initiatives.
- Schedule and facilitate internal staff meetings.
- Arrange travel utilizing the corporate travel agency to schedule flights, ground transportation, and accommodations. Assist in coordinating travel with all project members.
- Provide support for calendar appointments, conference calls and travel itineraries.
- Perform tasks using MS Office, MS Project, Teams, and Sharepoint.
- Light administrative and ad-hoc office support as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in editing and formatting documentation.
- 3-5 years’ experience providing administrative project support.
- Superior Microsoft Office skills.
- Advanced organizational skills necessary to prioritize and complete a variety of tasks.
- High degree of professionalism and experience interacting with clients.
- The ability to work as a productive team member within a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to work independently when necessary and be a forward thinker.
- Demonstrated experience problem-solving skills.
- Dealing with complex, ambiguous situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Previous professional services experience and/or knowledge of AEC industry desirable.
- Proximity to the Chicago Loop is optimal.
- Light travel; Reasonably 5-10%.
- May be required to attend local conferences or meetings outside the office.
- On-screen conference calls average 60% of the work week.
Due to competing deadlines or schedules, additional hours could be expected at times.
This could be in the way of a client deliverable or conference calls. This is not a frequent occurrence and should be recognized as a critical event.